For inexperienced buyers, technicalities and other crucial purchasing factors can make choosing the best Vortex scopes a nightmare. Luckily, all it takes is basic insight to make selecting a rifle scope easy.
If you are in the market to purchase a new rifle scope, or you simply wish to have deeper grasp of the kind of scope you are investing in, it is good to know the right things to explore and research before making a decision.
This comprehensive guide below will help you choose the right rifle scope. In so doing, you can get the best value for your money.
Quick Answer: The 10 Best Vortex Scopes for 2020
First, let’s take a look at the top-rated vortex scopes, then we’ll talk about how to choose the right one for you in our buying guide below.
Best Vortex Scope Reviews of 2020
What We'll Cover
- Quick Answer: The 10 Best Vortex Scopes for 2020
- Best Vortex Scope Reviews of 2020
- Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-9X50 SFP Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40 BDC (MOA) Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-18×44 AO SFP Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-8×24 SFP Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire SFP Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Viper PA 6.5-20×50 SFP Mil Dot Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24×50 SFP Riflescope
- Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 5-25×50 EBR-2C (MRAD) Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 EBR-2C (MRAD) Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Spitfire 3X Prism Scope
- About Vortex Brand
- Vortex scopes vs Leupold scopes
- Factors to Consider When Buying a Vortex Scope
- Compare Vortex Scopes
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-9X50 SFP Rifle Scope
The 3-9x50 Crossfire II Riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The dead-hold BDC is good for hunting/Shooting at varying ranges where Estimating holdover is a concern
With its fully multi-coated and anti-reflective lenses, this scope provides its users great vision. In the same way, you can instantly acquire a sight picture and easily get your target because of the useful eye box and long eye relief. Meanwhile, its fast-focus eyepiece enables users to enjoy easy smooth sailing and immediate reticle focusing.
One downside of this Vortex hunting scope is that it is slightly difficulty to turn the optical bell that is intended to adjust the parallax.
- Allows users to instantly obtain a sight picture and successfully acquire target
- Finger adjustable capped reset turrets with MOA clicks
- Aircraft grade aluminum construction
- Highly recommended for shooting/hunting at different ranges
- Fully multi-coated and anti-reflective lenses
- Not suitable for scout style rifles
- Image at 100 yards was quite poor
Overall, if calculating holdover is your primary concern, this rifle scope’s dead-hold BDC is ideal for shooting and hunting at different ranges. You can easily reset to zero after sighting in because of the finger-adjustable capped reset turrets with MOA clicks. This is recommended for medium-range shooting. It works well in light rain and in fog. This Vortex Crossfire will definitely let users elevate their game.
Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40 BDC (MOA) Rifle Scope
The Diamondback 4-12x40 riflescope is one of multiple configurations in the Diamondback lineup and is ideal for big game, predator/varmint, muzzleloader, slug shotgun, and long range applications
What makes this scope stand out from other brands is that it is built with an accuracy glide erector system, which is specifically meant to guarantee repeatability and precise tracking. As a matter of fact, the metal on metal precision turrets are capable of providing the capability to zero reset after sight in. Moreover, the fast-focus eyepiece enables plain sailing and instant focusing.
The drawback of this brand is that the glass gets a bit foggy on the edges around 10x-12x, particularly in low-light conditions. Thus, it is necessary for you to get your eyepiece in the perfect field of view to acquire a lucid image in high zoom and low-light conditions.
- Shock-resistant and durable scope
- Engineered with accuracy glide erector system
- Highly recommended for varmint/predator, slug shotgun, big games, long range and muzzleloader applications
- Can guarantee bright and lucid pictures from dawn until dusk
- Comes with hard anodized finish
- Glass gets slightly cloudy on the edges around 10x-12x
- Eyebox is slightly small at 12x
In general, this model is a high-quality Vortex scope for a Muzzleloader. You will love its clear glass and reticle. The turrets reset under the caps and provide audible clicks. Also, it is very clear and bright in daylight.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-18×44 AO SFP Rifle Scope
The 6-18x44 Adjustable Objective Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where estim...
Furthermore, the adjustment turrets have firm and solid clicks. It is quite effortless to zero, and the transparent lens will captivate you. Surprisingly, it stays mounted very firmly.
If you opt for an ultra-forgiving eye box and long eye relief specs, then this is the right choice for you. If you look at it closely, you’ll love the fact that this scope comes with fast-focus eyepiece that helps users with easy and fast reticle focusing.
This scope is not designed for those who like shooting at longer ranges like 1500 yards in distance.
- Comes with fast-focus eyepiece
- Designed with an easy-to-adjust objective
- Can guarantee shock-proof, waterproof, and fog-resistant performance
- Illuminated reticle works superbly
- Can provide outstanding performance and value
- Gets cloudy at higher magnification setting
- Not designed for long range shooting
This is the right scope for the money. The clarity of this optic is as exceptional as those of more costly scopes on the market. This is the ideal product for those who prefer to shoot but do not have the budget to spend on expensive optics.
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-8×24 SFP Rifle Scope
The Strike Eagle 1-8x24 is defined by versatility and power. A true one power provides quick target acquisition in close quarter scenarios or adjust to eight power when you need to engage targets a...
In addition, it is interesting to note that the crosshairs are suitable for long-range accuracy shots. In this scope, the illumination may not be as bright as you would prefer it to be. You may need to run it at the maximum setting on a bright sunny day to allow it execute the job superbly.
While it is true that you could still see the reticle in red, this is not that eye catching. Take in mind that the eyebox is tight. Therefore, the higher the magnification you set, the tighter the eyebox gets.
- Capable of promoting fast target acquisition
- Does not visually alter in size when you alter the magnification
- Enables shooters engage targets from point-blank out to longer ranges
- Designed with generous eye relief
- Engineered with 11 illumination settings to accommodate altering light conditions
- Washes out in direct sunlight
- Sustaining eye relief can be tough
As compared to other Vortex scope models, this one is very sturdy and can ensure premium quality construction. Most importantly, it remains lightweight and compact.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire SFP Rifle Scope
The 2-7x32 Crossfire II Rimfire riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The V-Plex reticle is a popular all-purpose hunting reticle intended for a variety of hunting appl...
Additionally, uses a sunshade that aids in minimizing glare and works superbly in enhancing visual clarity. It also comes with a dust cloth and lens covers that you can remove when you need to clean them.
What sets this scope apart from other versions is that it can hold zero well. It comes with extraordinary clarity and focus, but, most importantly, the red dot functions exceptionally, too.
This model is pricier than other options that provide similar features.
- Certified streamlined and easy to utilize riflescope
- Single-piece tube construction enhances precision and durability
- Designed to be shock-resistant to combat heavy recoil
- Built with capped elevation and windage turrets to resist high impact
- Comes with hard-coat anodized matte black finish
- Very costly price tag
- No accurate and clear clicks for elevation and windage knobs
This durable scope is a good investment. The glass is quite lucid and capable of bringing a satisfying amount of light, even on cloudy days. This is highly recommended for any scout configuration, mainly because it comes with many sterling specifications.
Vortex Optics Viper PA 6.5-20×50 SFP Mil Dot Rifle Scope
The Viper 6.5-20x50 is built on a 30mm main tube with a hard anodized finish providing a rugged, tough hunting riflescope. Originating from the US Marine Corps, the Mil-Dot reticle is useful for he...
Its solid construction is stunning and comes with sealed Argon, too. You’ll love the crisp, clear images and its ability to handle recoil properly.
This high-quality Vortex scope for 6.5 Creedmoor has the tendency to lose its clarity.
- Comes with easy adjustment settings that can ensure maximum repeatability
- Can guarantee smooth magnification changes even under rugged conditions
- Engineered with MAG-Bar intended for speedy and uncomplicated magnification changes
- Especially built from one-piece of aircraft grade aluminum
- ArmorTek coating shields the external lenses from dust, oil, and scratches
- Gets blurry at more than 10x magnification
This scope has multi-coated lenses that ensure enhanced light transmission and a more lucid picture. Its extra-low dispersion glass can augment color fidelity and resolution for sharper pictures. If you particularly enjoy deer hunting, this scope could work well for you.
Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24×50 SFP Riflescope
The Viper HS-T 6-24x50 is one of multiple configurations in the Viper HS-T (Hunting & Shooting Tactical) line. VMR-1 Reticle (MOA) is perfect for accurate holds at extended ranges . Featured length...
Aside from all these, this scope for 338 Lapua’s clarity is impeccable, and the shim system when it comes to returning to zero is second to none. This scope definitely tracks outstandingly, and the parallax adjustment enables very lucid picture at any distance. The fast-focus eyepiece enables the shooter to appropriately adjust the reticle to his eye.
Meanwhile, it is worth mentioning that zero stop of this scope can be challenging when utilizing the shims on the elevation turrets. However, this still functions and is repeatable without the need to discharge the scope.
While this scope comes at a costly price, it is still a nice purchase because it can be used for many shooting applications, such as elk hunting.
- Ideal for precise holds at long ranges
- Designed with 4x zoom setting that ensures versatile magnification
- Turrets can guarantee repeatable and accurate finger-adjustable clicks
- Built with exceptional side focus parallax adjustment
- Highly recommended for target shooting, hunting, or tactical applications
- Comes in an expensive price
- Zero stop and return-to-zero setup are a bit daunting
Overall, the Vortex scope for 223 is a great investment. The clicks are crisp, and the zero stop, exposed turrets, and reticle are functional. This scope is suitable for many different hunting scenarios.
Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 5-25×50 EBR-2C (MRAD) Rifle Scope
The Viper PST Gen II takes incredible performance and rock solid tactical features to new heights. The 5-25x50 first focal plane riflescope is incredibly versatile and ideal for close to long range...
Additionally, it comes with an illumination dial that is spotlessly consolidated into the side focus adjustment knob to ensure instant access and smooth performance. The optic functions wonderfully at all magnification levels and ranges.
You may need to practice handling and setting this scope’s zero stop, as it may be slightly difficult to handle.
- Easy to install, use, and adjust
- Provides phenomenal system for wind and elevation holds
- Designed with turrets that have tactile adjustment and quite audible
- Capable of providing accurate performance
- Versatile and reliable
- Setting the zero stop may be challenging
- Comes with overpriced price tag
This scope can multitask for you, as a long-range tactical application and hunting platform. If these are the purposes you intend to achieve, then this scope will provide you with the perfect solution.
Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 EBR-2C (MRAD) Rifle Scope
The Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 riflescope is feature rich and deadly accurate; perfect for advanced precision shooting and tactical operations. The glass-etched EBR-2C MRAD reticle has 11 illuminati...
Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 EBR-2C (MRAD) Rifle Scope is the perfect example of outstanding optical and construction elements that could bring out a tough scope for tactical professionals and hunters. It is meticulously crafted with a wide zoom range, first-rate glass, an oversized objective and specially designed optical coatings.
This model is bigger and heavier to carry. It may be slightly inconvenient when you’re running or on the go.
- Built with aircraft grade aluminum for a more durable platform
- Argon purged and O-ring sealed
- Primarily constructed for precision shots and dialing in long ranges
- Highly recommended for advanced tactical operations and accuracy shooting
- Designed with APO optical system for a more impressive image quality
- Large and bulky
Unfortunately, this scope isn’t for you if you are on a budget. It comes with a costly selling price, but its features are incredible. The glass is very lucid, and it is capable of holding zero outstandingly.
Vortex Optics Spitfire 3X Prism Scope
The Spitfire 3x Prism Scope excels in close to medium range shooting applications where fast target acquisition and speed is of the essence. The prism based design allows for a compact optical syst...
Apart from how uncomplicated it is to get zeroed in and install, the quality and clarity of the glass is stunning. Using this scope can help you get a plenty of compliments regarding how speedy you can obtain a target and where you could rest your eye as compared to other brands.
If you look closely, you will see that the crosshairs are ingrained into the optic. This means if your battery dies, you won’t need to worry about whether you can still have a precise fire.
One disadvantage of this version is that it is a bit heavy.
- Capable of enhancing light transmission with the aid of several anti-reflective coatings
- Engineered with prism-based design
- Built with five levels of brightness intensity
- Comes with distinctive reticle designs that functions superbly with/without illumination
- Can ensure speedy shooting at both short and long ranges
- Rear cover will come off if you begin adjusting focus
- Slightly bulky
The Vortex scope for 300 Win Mag is a nice catch. It seems to work superiorly at both close ranges and farther ranges, so it is not necessary to switch back and forth with other scopes. Its focus adjustment enables the most lucid picture achievable. In the same way, it comes with generous eye relief.
About Vortex Brand
Vortex Optics is a renowned constructor of optical equipment that is based in United States. Vortex Optics products are specifically designed for wildlife watching, hunting, outdoor recreational sports, bird watching, and law enforcement. In addition, the company presently produces spotting scopes, red dots, binoculars, rifle scopes, and other accessories.
Where are Vortex Scopes Made?
Vortex Optics is headquartered in Wisconsin; however, its international markets include China, Philippines, and Japan. At present, there are a total of four different rifle scope product lines that are offered by Vortex. The less costly ones include the Crossfire scopes.
Vortex scopes vs Leupold scopes
Vortex Optics seems to have superb expertise on advancing the technology. The company exceptionally keeps the substantial and conventional elements of different optical images devices. Besides scopes, the firm also manufactures law enforcement equipment and wildlife and bird-watching binoculars. They have several product lines such as Competition, FX, VX series of scopes, Mark, UltimateSlam.
It is essential to note that its scope series are well known and commonly offered in several price categories. This company is U.S.-based and offers good customer service. Clients can send their scopes back in the event that they are not functioning well. Because of this, the company has established a good reputation for outstanding customer relations.
On the other hand, Leupold& Stevens is also a U.S.-based firm. The Leupold branch produces optics, and the Stevens branch deals with nearly all the water monitoring instruments. Unlike Vortex Optics, this firm has been in the business for more than 100 years. Leupold scopes have been in production since just after the Second World War. Since then, the firm’s scopes have been proven and tested for their durability and innovation.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Vortex Scope
Prior to purchasing the best Vortex optics for you, consider the following important features.
The magnification level of your scope will institute the limitations of its usefulness. Furthermore, the peerless magnification for a given task is instinctive matter. Lower magnifications will enable more perceptive shooting and more excellent target tracking. Meanwhile, higher magnifications enable greater target resolution. Nevertheless, these are heavier, bigger, and more costly. There are also quite complex to utilize from unsupported positions.
There are a plenty of distinct reticle patterns available on the market. There are those that come with complicated grid patterns and those with plain center dots. If you are inexperienced in this field, it is advised to consult a pro or the manufacturer of the scope you are eyeing to buy. A few of that reticles that you can select from include BDC, Mildot, and Duplex reticles.
MOA or MRAD
Once you have figured what magnification you need and the kind of reticle that best match your needs, it is critical to find out how your scope is adjusted. The two distinct measurements systems in terms of adjusting scopes include MOA and MRAD.
Other alternative contemporary feature of scopes is the selection of two distinct positions for the reticle within the rifle scope. Such positions are referred to as first focal plane and the second focal plane.
This is when the reticle appears to alter position in accordance to the target when the head is maneuvered a little. This takes place when the scope is incapable of focusing the target and the reticle on the identical optical plane and this could possibly lead to bad groupings or failed shots.
As you might already know, the most superb Vortex optic can cost a lot of money. The price of this product is not something that should be taken lightly. Prior to shopping for the right scope for you, you need to determine how much money you are willing to spend.
Compare Vortex Scopes
|Product||Reticle||Magnification||Objective Lens Diameter||Eye Relief||Tube Size||Length||Weight|
|Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-9X50 SFP Riflescope||Dead-Hold BDC||3-9x||50 mm||3.8”||1”||12.7”||18.4 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40 BDC (MOA) Riflescope||Dead-Hold BDC||4-12x||40 mm||3.1 – 3.4”||1”||12”||14.6 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-18×44 AO SFP Riflescope||Dead-Hold BDC||6-18x||44 mm||3.7”||1”||13.5”||19.6 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-8×24 SFP Riflescope||BDC MOA||1-8x||24mm||3.5”||1”||10”||17.6 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire SFP Riflescope||V-Plex (MOA) Reticle||2-7x||32 mm||3.9”||1”||11.3”||14.3 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Viper PA 6.5-20×50 SFP Mil Dot Riflescope||Mil Dot MOA Reticle||6.5-20x||50mm||3.1”||30 mm||14.4”||21.6 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24×50 SFP Riflescope||VMR-1 (MOA) Reticle||6-24x||50 mm||4.0”||30 mm||15.5”||22.6 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 5-25×50 EBR-2C (MRAD) Riflescope||EBR-2C (MOA) Reticle||5-25x||50 mm||3.4”||30 mm||16”||31.2 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 EBR-2C (MRAD) Riflescope||EBR-1C (MRAD) Reticle||4.5-27x||56 mm||3.7”||34 mm||14.4”||48.5 oz.|
|Vortex Optics Spitfire 3X Prism Scope||3x||2.8”||5.5”||15.4 oz.|
Each product comes with unique features, specs, and other important functions that could make your shooting experience more competitive, thrilling, and satisfying. While purchasing the best Vortex scopes is not easy, with the detailed product reviews discussed above, you can determine which scope will suit your style and requirements.